Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring

The rain may make it look otherwise, but spring is definitely here.  We went for a walk last night and it was light out from 7-8 while we were there.  I also only needed a light sweatshirt! Woot!  This is good news because all of our clothes in the next sizes up for Sawyer are all rompers from Cooper.  We have like 100 of them, and I would like to have him wear them soon before he grows out of them haha.  We are lucky that Cooper was a little more of a chunkeroo than Beany and the heat came sooner last year so that Sawyer would fit in them at the right time even though he was 7 months older than Sawyer :)

While we were by the ballfields, we saw my old fastpitch team, Emerald Ridge, playing their rivals Rogers. I am happy to report that we were ahead at the time we left (I dont need to know the final score if it was opposite lol).

I have also started planning Sawyer's birthday party.  My biggest dilemma is who to invite.  My mom's side of the family is huge and I know some of them would want to come.  We also want friends of our family (like w/ kids), and other close friends of ours.  I dont know if I want as many people as the baby shower brought, but I think that might be the MINIMUM.  I mean, we invited only our closest friends and family (which upset some people) to our wedding, and we had 250 people at least...though a lot of people flew in from out of town so obviously we wont have that many people at the birthday.  The first birthday is a pretty big one though, and it is the one that is mostly for the parents so I will have to figure this out.  If anyone has any pointers, be sure to share :) I don't want to offend anyone in the process.  I am pretty excited as I am finding the decorations though!

2 comments:

  1. DITO DITO DITO! I have been stressing about Ev's party FOR MONTHS!!! Seriously. It is such a big task to try and figure out who to invite, where to have it, activities, theme, invitations.... it's endless. Ev's birthday is 17 days away and I have a bib, 1/2 of a birthday banner, and cup cake wrappers. I am so behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What theme you going to have? Just remember if everything doesn't go how you planned, just ignore it and enjoy yourself. There first birthday goes by so fast, enjoy every minute of it :)

    ReplyDelete