Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3 years

3 years ago today, Andy and I started "officially" dating.  It was kind of an easy transition.  We were best friends the year before.  It is kind of hard to explain how it is working at Student Programs at Pierce unless you were there and were part of a team like our year.  You kind of start to know everyone else better than they know themselves.  Besides the fact that we are constantly discussing topics that bring out everyone's true selves, we would spend pretty much all day every day together.  You have classes, and in between you are in the office (working or doing homework), then we have events, then we would all hang out together every day pretty much.  Andy and I spent most of the year dating other people, but we were still best friends  We always agreed on everything.  At the end of the year we had both separated from our exes and we were 'allowed' to date so we tried it out.

 Best decision ever!  I am not going to lie, I didn't think relationships could be so effortless until I dated Andy.  My exes and I would have a couple arguments a week.  It got tiring after a couple of years. I think Andy and I have argued about twice in the four years we have known each other.  I think it is good we both had long-term relationships before so we knew what worked and didn't work for us,  and we both know how to compromise and we not get angry.  He just makes life easier.  If I am angry he calms me down, he reassures me when someone has a different opinion, he is someone to talk to, he makes our food and cleans the kitchen since I don't like homemaker tasks lol, takes care of our Beany, still opens the car door for me (unless I sneak in first while he loads Sawyer), we have pretty similar tastes in most things, he always drives, he pours my drinks because I spill, and he has the best intelligent conversations!  I love that I am never alone :)

Though there were certainly ups and downs in our life, thanks for the best 3 years Andrew! Love you!

This is one of my favorite pictures a couple months after we started dating. Jumping off the boat while camping with my family at Banks Lake.

This is us at skate night about the time (or right before) we started dating :)

6 comments:

  1. <3 i love this. you guys are cute. Happy 3 years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are def adorable :) I never see you argue either and you make it always look "so easy". Happy 3 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are pretty much perfect for eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of you guys jumping in the lake!!!
    I believe you guys have an awesome relationship!!!
    3 years and onward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! You guys are really cute!

    ReplyDelete