Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Quatro de Mayo

Today was awesome!  I looove nice weather.  It just puts me in a good mood that is hard to break.  The one good thing about living in Vegas was that it was always sunny so I was usually in a good mood.  The downside is that always sunny= ugly desert and I hated it, so I am fine with our less than nice weather because it makes the beautiful western WA scenery :)

We tend to celebrate Cinco de Mayo on the Quatro.  I dont really want to deal with the crowds plus we were both off super early so we took a super sleepy Beany to Mis Tres Amigos for some Mexican.  I had some delicious chimichanga and pina colada while Beany fought sleep.  He was asleep for a couple minutes, but then we saw him peek out of his carseat.  He was feeling really warm so we had to give him some Tylenol :(




Afterwards, we went to the usual park.  Sawyer slept for another 20 or so minutes and he looked so cute and snuggly.  It wasnt long before I saw his little eyeballs looking up at me from the stroller.  I love when he does that!  We stopped at the playfields because Rogers was playing Federal Way and I realize it is annoying to watch a sport you know a lot about because you critique everything happening. I now know how Andy feels at my rugby games lol!  I couldnt resist taking a few more pictures of him on the side of the trail.  All the strangers stopped to talk to him including a little boy on one of those skateboards with only 2 wheels.


I'm awake mama!


Eating a pinecone




OH! Before i forget to blog about it, our photoshoot for ESPN went pretty good last night.  The team shot looked really cool and dramatic, and I can't wait to see how they all turn out.  It was annoying having to share the spotlight with all the people that don't ever come to practices and only some of the games though.  I feel like those of us that actually committed should have got more pictures, but oh well.  They said they should be up in about a week on espnW.com so I will post a link when it is up if I am in any of them :)

Tomorrow I have practice, then I leave for Pullman Friday morning!  Andy couldn't get the day off, and I am missing a big rugby festival in Montana, but I am a good sister and so proud of my brother and will go support him!  He is graduating from WSU in mechanical science and engineering.  I don't even know most of what he studies it is that impressive lol. I know he went to Georgia Tech to do a research project on nanotubes and I am hoping his good grades and impressive projects get him a good job.  We get to go to a dinner on Friday night for the honors college (yup, he was in that) and he will graduate Saturday morning!  We will move him back and I am hoping we get back at an OK time on Sunday so I can still see my little baby for my first mother's day!

2 comments:

  1. I love his little smirk in the pinecone picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how mexican places give you like 10 serves of food on the plate lol

    ReplyDelete