Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rivals

Saturday morning was awesome weather.  I was really excited because the Sounders vs Timbers game was that night so I was hoping it would stick around.

We decided to go throw the ball around at the park.  I haven't played catch in awhile but I wasnt too bad after a little warming up. I probably looked funny in my skirt and flowery shirt but it was fun.  We stuck Sawyer in his stroller with some snacks.  I dont know if I have mentioned it before, but Sawyer LOVES the baby cheetos (gerber brand). He inhales them.  You bring out the can and he flips out.  We left him with some puffs and baby cheetos and he was good :)


We got some ice cream and tank tops in celebration of the weather, but then it started to get cloudy :( Sawyer got a new "rad like dad" romper.

We dropped Sawyer off with Erik and Destiny over at my parent's house and headed to the game.  The march to the match was crazy.  There were more people than ever, and they had a ton of green smoke and explosion of flares.
The smoke is actually green (my phone camera didnt capture it too well)
The ECS also had the craziest tifo display yet.  The banners just kept coming!  The timbers army had some dumb "we are timbers army who are you?" little signs, and we busted out this (i love the Levesque at the end):

Can you believe ESPN didnt show that?

It poured the whole time, and we tied. Here is the problem though, they had an OBVIOUS handball in the box at the end of the game....which should result in a pk....but they didnt call it!  We were all furious and we should have won!  He missed about 3 other handballs also so I was not happy with the ref anyway.  UGH.  You can't do things like that on such a big game.

On the way out there was an alice in wonderland rave next door at the WaMu theater and it was funny seeing all the people dressed up in fishnets and fuzzy leg warmers getting all wet and mixed in with sounders fans :)  It was cold but one of the best games I've been to!

Sawyer also got a present from his Grandma Smith.  She made him a quilt!
Me and Andy have been using it lately because it is the right size for one person on the couch laying down lol. It is so cute- it is monkey patterns. Thanks!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! It is so fun to see Sawyer FINALLY with his monkey quilt!! I think it will be nice and warm for him too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you guys in the rain!! It was so nice all day, and then it poured!!!

    ReplyDelete