Monday, April 25, 2011

Worst day ever!

Here is the series of events leading to the ultimate worst day:

-My shower takes longer than normal causing me to have a late start
-Sawyer keeps pulling the knob off the toilet bottom which is really gross inside and he tries to eat it
-After removing the knob all together, he still goes over to poke at the grossness that i dont think anyone has ever cleaned (keep note meanwhile i am trying to get ready for work quickly)
-Sawyer does not want to change his diaper and clothes.  I am sweating and it takes like 10 minutes to get an outfit on.  He is angry. I am late.
-There are no cold cokes or anything for me to take to work to eat.  I take a warm one to throw in the fridge at work so i have something to "eat" at lunch time.
-The traffic was backed up a mile behind where it normally was (i usually avoid it by taking a different stoplight) and i was stuck in one spot for like 5 minutes
-I get to work (late) and even though they were closed for easter, there are more returns to process than I've ever had to do
-The person I work with that nobody likes was rude
But the worst part...
-Andy had a meeting with the financial lady and when she ran the real "numbers" finally, we made too much for down payment assistance.  Andy gave her our actual W2 numbers for last year, and they needed our current salary as the company sees it apparently. How much over did we make? $600 a year.  Yes, a mere $600.  Funny thing is, my "salary" is not actually a salary, but just what would be my pay if you take my hourly and make 40 hrs a week.  Since Sawyer goes with my mom on wednesdays, i only work like 38 hours a week, but unofficially.  I also go home early some days just because we are slow or I have things to do. Therefore, at&t would send them my salary, but i really make a lot less.  For example, last year I made at least $5,000 less than my salary said I made. That definitely would cover the $600. Plus she said they would take into account that I am union which means I get raises 3 times a year and they would factor that in so it would be extra hard to wiggle our way in.  So yeah, we would either need to come up with $5,250 for a down payment by June, or we dont get the house.  Since we have bills, that is not going to be doable.  So yeah, our house is going away 99% sure. If we do find that much, our house payment would be $100 lower and our interest rate would go down a percent though....not that it matters, because i think our only hope now is in scratch tickets. I wish they counted the take home pay, because i just realized how much is going out of my checks each time into taxes, benefits, 401k, united way donations, union dues, etc. So yeah, wish us luck on our scratch bingo tomorrow.  We are turning in our winning tickets to buy some more.
-We got home and I was pretty much crying all night and to make it worse, sawyer was being a butt head again and whining when he didnt get his way.
*I dont think i am ever saying "well, it can't get any worse" again!*

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! $600.. that totally sucks! They make you jump though so many hoops just to buy a house.... I think being a homeowner might just be overrated.

    Hopefully today is better (and that you wll your scratch bingo!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that sucks all I can say is that everything happens for a reason, not that that makes it suck any less. Just remember that we love you let us know if there is anything thing we can do. I am here if you need to talk or a break just let me know. And everything that is supposed to happen will and it will all be ok.
    DES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that about the house Amy. It's frustrating and sad when you get your hopes up for something and get all excited and then circumstances or people crush it. :( Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete