Friday, April 8, 2011

Not the best day

This is a negative post, but we've had a rough day!

First of all, Andy does not enjoy his job lately.  A guy has been on vacation all week, and for some reason, they gave ALL of his stops to Andy today, on a day that school starts at 1pm in Lacey (and he drives from Auburn).  He called his mgr and asked about it and he basically said that not to sound like a threat because Andy is his favorite driver, but if the stuff doesnt get delivered, he is going to find someone that can. .

We were both stressed because we were supposed to go to the house place and sign the papers today.  With Andy getting Sawyer at 4, there is no way he could have driven to Lacey to turn in the paper due today and get back to the house place to finish everything by 6.  We decided we would have to bring it tomorrow since we will be in Lacey for my game.

Then, we find out that there is a $500 fee for the house and we dont have $500.  This was probably the worst thing yet because due to my braces and stuff (down payment), we have like no money now. As in, i have to bust out the credit card for Sawyer's formula.  There is no way we would get $500 by the 14th (last date to pick colors).  The lady said we could sign and pick the colors, then we have a month to get the money. If we don't by then, they can sell it to someone else.  I think we are going to do that tomorrow.  I really hope we can come up with that money.  We are going to try to sell our sounders tickets and our flooring and see if we can get it.  We definitely don't have it in our budget. I would just hate to go through all that and not be able to get the house because of this money! I wish i could take off my braces and get the money back.

Meanwhile we were both starving all day, and I am so angry because I am spending an arm and a leg for something painful that wont let me eat because i can't chew due to the bumps restricting me from closing my mouth.

All in all, a bad situation.  Here is to hoping things turn around!

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just have these days!!!
    Hopefully it will all turn around tomorrow. I am confident with guys will be able to come up with $500 dollars. Sell lemonade lol But in all seriousness I think you guys will figure it all out and you will be able to get the house.
    Heads up Monsons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate days, and weeks like this. You will work it out somehow, I hate the stress though and the worry. :) I hope you have a better day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks that you guys don't have the 500 to get the colors picked out. Kinda lame to get a house and not have that little bit to customize. I was wondering a couple different things like how come you didn't wait to get braces until you knew you had the money for it? I see so many moms who wait to get braces till after the kids are older and they are more settled. It just seems like an unnecessary expense. Do you guys have a secret savings or something you're holding on to? It just seems you have a lot of money to do fun things that you want to do, but now you are pulling out Sawyers food on a credit card. Where does all that add up? He should really be your first and main priority... shouldn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was rude. And too afraid to leave your name? We can still afford to feed him, hence the credit card. And i get paid every two weeks, so this week just sucks for the next 7 days. We had to pay $1000 for my braces to get them on, and that was the issue this week (along with the proration for our first car insurance and payment). I know some people dont use their credit cards, but we do, and it is not neglecting our son to buy his food on a credit card. I got braces because when i went to the dentist, they said my teeth were getting really ground down because of the crookedness in the back. For the past month I couldnt chew because they hurt, and that was the cause- the grinding. I dont know about you, but i like to eat too. Though it is tough to eat at the moment with the braces, i'd rather be able to eat in a couple months, instead of never, then have to get dentures. If you think my braces came over our son, you are an idiot. ALL of our health comes first. Including mine! And our son is not going hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! The anonymous post makes me sick!!! I'm sorry Amy that you guys had such a ruff day :( and I hope that you guys can get the flooring sold, cause owning your own home is great :) And everyone knows that Sawyer is your guys main priority, you guys are such great parents!!! You have to take care of your health to be able to be there and take care of sawyer yourself. Everyone our age struggles sometimes between checks, were young. It's not like we are born made of money. Sorry I'm going to stop rambling on, that post just pissed me off LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm sure you guys will figure something out! jay and i wish we could own a home, renting kinda sucks. lucky you guys get to have that opportunity for a brand new one!! anyways, i hope you guy's day got a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That anonymous comment was me. KIDDING! SO KIDDING! If more crap hits the fan you guys can just come and live at our house.

    ReplyDelete