Thursday, April 7, 2011

9 month appointment

Sawyer went to the doctor for his 9 month appointment today.  I didn't get to go for the first time since I had practice :( He hasn't been since he was 6 months old so we were curious to see how he was doing.

He is 20 lbs and 29.5 inches which puts him at 80% for height (previously 90) and 30% for weight (previously 50).  That is pretty skinny, especially for being so tall, but she said she was not worried because he jumped so much from last time, and he eats 8oz bottles and literally anything we put in front of him. (I hope he keeps that non-picky status, he has never refused to eat anything.)

He has had a rash that we thought might be some weird diaper rash, but i guess it was some sort of fungus? (Good call mom!) We got a prescription for it so he should improve soon!

She said his teeth are coming in well and he is doing well otherwise.

*******************

On another note, I am a little sad because we sold our Sounders tickets for the game this saturday because I was supposed to have a game, but it got cancelled because of our lack of numbers.  For some reason, nobody could make it :(  We are still going to play 7 on 7 (normally it is 15 on 15) but there wont be a ref or anything which is sad.  We also had the hardest practice ever today.  We had to run a lot, and do a lot of stuff that took all your energy, then run zig-zag all the way down the field (yikes), then sprint down and jog back 7 times!  It was so hard, especially with my big bruised shin that hurts when I walk.  I am glad to get in shape though.  I can't do hard exercise unless someone is pushing me/other people doing the same thing pushing me, so i really need it!

If anyone knows anyone that would like to play rugby and is free tues/thurs nights for practice and Saturdays for games, let me know.  (If you have to miss a practice here or there they wont kill you but you do need to be there for the most part)  I would not like any more games cancelled due to numbers!  They dont need to know anything about it because it is pretty easy to learn and they teach you.  There is also a position for every size person.  The smaller/speedier people play backs and run and pass the ball more often, and the larger people play forwards and scrum, ruck, tackle more, and crash.  Of course everyone has to run, pass, and tackle at some point.  It is loads of fun and not as scary as it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment