Sunday, April 3, 2011

Home again

We finally made it back. Again.  I feel like we haven't stopped moving for the past few weeks.  We left Friday after work to go stay with my brother in Pullman.  We woke up nice and early on Saturday and headed to Spokane for Fool's Fest.  Erik and Destiny kept Sawyer all day so we didnt have to worry about him getting cold.

It was FREEZING there.  It actually snowed a little.  Then the sun came out and it was nice and warm.  Then it got windy and started to hail and we were so cold we had to huddle like penguins.  It was fun though.  BUT, I have never been so tired in my life!  Running, tackling, rucking, scrumming (is that a word?) each half was 30 minutes and there were 3 games planned.  We lost the first against Eastern WA University, we won the second against Gonzaga, and by the 3rd game, we were ti-red.  We had to "whore" 3 girls from another team because ours were all tired/sick/injured.  My friend Megan broke her wrist in the second game!  The 3rd ref was not very good and was allowing a lot of dangerous stuff, plus we were tired, so when our best player got tackled too high and got her leg twisted really bad, they just called the game before it was even halftime.  We were all tired and cold anyway so there was no complaints.  It was really fun though, it wasnt a tournament so it was all fun and everyone was allowed to start at least one game (I played the whole time through all 3 games).  I think I learned a lot though and got to know the team a lot better.

That's me trying to catch it against a Gonzaga girl

That's a scrum, and you can't see me because i'm in the middle

That is giant hail on the ground!  It hurt so bad getting pelted! Oh and my giant XL shirt

At Erik's- Get this thing off me mommy!

I took this at a rest area waiting for Andy

Another rest area picture

2 comments: