Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Funny baby

Babies are funny.

First of all, we get so excited when they do the smallest things.  My mom noticed the other day that when he pulls on the music playing elephant that he makes him dance around.  She sent the elephant home so i could try and we got super excited.  We got excited when he bounes his arm bye-bye.  I just noticed that he boogies when he hears music in general (probably my fault for dancing him all the time) and it just makes us so happy.  It is funny to think if we got that excited when someone else bounces a stuffed toy around.

Second, they dont know anything.  He shoots straight up the stairs even though he gets most of the way up and almost falls backwards. He will also pull himself off the edge of anything.  You'd think there would be some instincts there! He also does the stick-thumb-out-and-push-anything-that-looks-like-a-button thing on the giant scab/bruise on my leg.  How rude!

Third, they are exhausting.  Here was my night last night (pretty typical): We get home from the babysitter, "Yes, he is asleep, i can eat"  As soon as i sit down i see his little eyes peeking out of his carseat and he's going "oooh ooh".  Pull him out and set him by his toys. Scoot scoot.  He is up the stairs.  I put him in front of his other toys.  Pull up onto the tv and bookshelf and pulls off books.  I put him in his bouncer so i can eat.  Wahh!  He doesnt like the jumeroo at the moment.  Put him back in front of toys.  Scoot scoot.  He is in the coffee table (on the shelf below the table part) pulling at all our albums and papers.  Put him on my lap and he grabs at my food.  Put him on the floor and he is standing pulling at everything on the coffee table and knocks over my juice all over everything (phone, photo album, floor).  Put him back on the floor and he pulls at any cord he can find.  Why do they ignore toys, but play with anything that isnt theirs? Put him by toys again and he is up smacking at the TV.  I heard you arent supposed to look at the TV too close, but that seems like the safest place for now.  I am surprised there is time to eat!   Whenever I am on the computer he crawls up me gonig "mommmm mama" and hits all the keyboard keys!

Babies are so funny, it is weird to think that they are little people because they certainly don't act like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment