Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thank You

Sawyer must know what season it is.  Andy handed him his sippy cup he was reaching for, and he said "Dank-ooo!" I was just stunned and looked at Andy.  I was like "did you hear that?" and he said it again clearer "Dank-yooou!" and drank his cup.  He did it again right before bed too when Andy gave him his cup.

It is so cool to see what he learns when we are away.  I would never think to teach him "thank you" yet, but he must see the other kids at daycare being taught how to say it since they are a bit older.

In another example, lately, he has been saying "hee-hawww" and I thought he was trying to be a donkey (my mom has an animal sounds see and say that I thought must have had a donkey) but I realized when he said it in the real tone he was saying "yee-haw!" and he even said it while jumping in the air. I thought it was so funny. He must have seen it in a movie at daycare or one of the other kids said it.

The other day he was standing by me and made a funny face and said to me "bo-bo."  I asked him, "what?" Again he said, "bo-bo!" He seemed like he was trying to tell me something so I asked Andy if he taught him that word and what it meant.  Then I smelled him. Ohhhhhh. I guess he learned that word too haha!

Lastly, today he was restless so I started singing "The ants go marching" because I know he loves that song at my mom's house.  He wiggled down and started doing the cutest march to the song, lifting his legs up really high.

It is nice getting little surprises here and there. :) Here is no surprise though, he still LOVES the bathtub!



House update for all wondering:  we are STILL waiting on USDA.  They had to shut down their system to re-do some stuff (not really sure the situation) and apparently it backed up all the loans from a 3 day process to one that can be 10+.  As soon as they push us through we can go sign the papers and get the keys the next day.  It sucks to have to wait because it means we are paying another day on our duplex instead of taking advantage of our free time at the house. We have had to push back our closing date twice now, but they say it should be done by the end of next week. Let's hope!

3 comments:

  1. That's so cute! I love how much they learn in what feels like days. Such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a smart little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see some of his antics in video! He is at such fun delightful age. Every moment is a moment of learning!

    ReplyDelete