Monday, November 21, 2011

Scout

Sawyer got a "My Pal Scout" by Leapfrog last Christmas from my grandma and grandpa.  It also comes in "Violet"
It came with a computer cord, but I never got around to plugging it in.  We loved Scout because you could push his foot and he would play lullabies for the amount of time you chose depending on how many times you pushed his foot (2, 5, or 10 minutes.)  It would put Sawyer to sleep at 6 months with no fuss. He would play songs with his left hand, and say random things with his right ("My favorite food is puppy biscuits! What is yours?"  or "What am I? Quack quack, I'm pretending to be a duck!") As time went on we put Scout in the crib and would wake up to Sawyer pushing the buttons in the morning.

Scout has since run out of batteries twice.  He has been out for at least a month and Andy put some new ones  in last night.  I finally decided to plug him into the computer, too (cue waterworks from Sawyer who was really excited to have his toy back and mean ol' mommy takes it away.) THIS TOY IS AWESOME!

I already loved Scout, but upon plugging him in, I could type in Sawyers name and his name came up from the database with a pronunciation check.  They were right on! I thought I would have to type his name in as "Soy-er" or something.  They must have thousands of names in there.

Next we picked Sawyer's favorites.  They had a TON of choices for each. We picked: Animal (Dog),  Food (Pancakes), and color (Yellow).  Ok, I don't know if that is Sawyers favorite color but it is the one he says the most so I can assume.  They had a big list of songs to choose 5 of which included everything from "Happy and you know it" to "Jingle Bells" to "Happy Birthday" to play when you push the song hand.  They also had a list of Lullabies to pick 5 of to play when you push his foot.

I unplugged him and gave him a try. AWESOME!  "I love you Sawyer"  "My favorite food is Pancakes, is that yours too?" "I need a hug Sawyer" (Beany gave him the cutest hug) He even sings a song that spells out S-A-W-Y-E-R.  I think every kid needs one of those, I am so impressed!  I think it will last awhile because he does counting and spelling and has him do things like clap and jump. Sawyer LOVED it too.  As soon as he said "I love you Sawyer" he smiled so big and pointed to himself.  So cute.  I definitely recommend this toy to anyone with a baby or small toddler!

2 comments:

  1. I loved your post Amy, but as I picture Beany pointing to himself it makes me miss him so much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post on scout! I first saw this product while babysitting and thought it was cool for little ones. Now with my own little guy and his little cousin I want to get each of them one for christmas but would have been bummed if Sawyer (my little guys name also) was not on the list.

    ReplyDelete