Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween shenanigans '13

I kind of have a week worth of Halloween I haven't reported on.

Saturday night Andy told me I should go out so I went with Leslie and Krissy and Kyndyl and Joe to "The Stone" (Club Silverstone in Tacoma) for some gay bar shenanigans.  It was SO fun.  The part I like about bars/clubs is that everyone is SO friendly, but I hate going because of the creepers.  The thing with the gay bar is that there really weren't creepers butting in trying to dance and I assume because the people there are such a variety (old, young, gay, straight, transgender, cross-dressing, etc) so you aren't 50% of the people there's type.  Joe wandered off often as did Leslie, but me Kyndyl and Krissy danced a lot...well until Krissy ended up outside sick but we didn't know, so me and Kyndyl danced for awhile longer and made friends.  Kyndyl was dorothy and we found a really old cross dressing man in the same costume that danced with us too, it was hilarious.

Here are the girls before. Macho Man Randy Savage, Alice, Hulk Hogan, Dorothy (note: Kyndyl is actually from Kansas so this was legit)

We also cut pumpkins this week.  We let Sawyer draw his own and cut on his lines.



He didn't like the guts

We didn't cut the eyebrows out


He's out of focus because it was so dark 



On actual Halloween I sent the boys to daycare in costumes.  I bought them 2 each because Sunrise Village normally has a trick or treat but they didn't this year :(

That night it was Andy's turn this year to take them out.  (We follow my parents example of "If you're taking your kids to get other people's candy, someone should be handing it out from you")  They had a $5 costume sale on buycostumes.com a few months ago and all of the costumes you see here were either $4 or $5 (including mine above).  I told Andy I was getting him a funny one and he had to wear it, I present to you a hot dog (Halloweiner), Brobee, and Finn McMissile


Sawyer came back with a full bucket of candy, Kellan passed out, and I ran out of candy (I had bought 5 bags) so I guess it was success!

No comments:

Post a Comment