Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunrise

This weekend was nuts!

Friday we went to Kailee's wedding reception, which was fun, and it was good to see her and her family again.  It has been awhile! I have a lot of pics to go through, but they are mostly of people I don't know so here is the happy couple :) They are so cute! We are so happy for Kailee!


On Saturday we had our first home rugby game of the season.  It was the first league game for us as a division II team...aka the real deal that matters and we can go to regionals in California and what-not.  It was HOT out.  We played Boise and dominated 79-0.  If you were watching the game you wouldn't think that would be the score because they were pretty good, but we just came out with a lot more in the end. We were all almost passing out by the end and sucking air (matches are 80 minutes) the grass was moist and the air was hot so it just seemed humid too. It was definitely a good workout though. I got home and took some ibuprofen and iced my knee because for some reason I agreed to go on a hike the next day.

Sunday my parents picked us up at 8am and we headed to Mt. Rainier. They got us a hiking backpack for Sawyer at the Packwood flea market last weekend and it was time to try it out.  We went to Sunrise.  I had been there when I was younger but we went to a watch tower and it was foggy and we couldn't see much so I didnt remember much.  This was the prettiest hike I have ever done!  My photos don't do it justice because my camera sucks and I can't show the whole view.  I still do not regret leaving the heavy camera behind though.  It was hot and more weight was not necessary.  We got to a part where there was still snow on the trail.  My dad and I went across to test and found it Ok.  There were 2 other patches that were the same way- the footprints were already set so you just had to walk in them.  I thought it was fine but a lot of other people were freaking out because apparently 4 people had fallen this season (it is a huge fall) but seeing a guy with a baby go made them look like wimps.  We encouraged a lot of people to go, and like I said, it was easy if you go in the footprints.  We took a big hill to an awesome view of the mountain, and even saw an avalanche happen! We ate a snack and headed back down.  We were above the tree line and saw signs that said this was real-life tundra...the same as in the arctic.  We saw a marmot up there, but someone else saw a bear that day, and my parents saw mountain goats last time.  As we headed down it was the prettiest meadows with flowers I had seen.  Just one after another! It was a big change from the tundra.  There was even a hidden lake.  It was a tiring 6 miles, but I am glad we did it.  It was a lot of fun and you cannot beat those views.

Oh, before I forget, he doesn't talk much, but we got Sawyer to say "hot" today.  He repeated it after me like 3 times after I said "its hot". It was cute because he emphasizes the "T" so much. "Ho-T"  We also were positive he said "lion daddy" when he was playing with the stuffed lion and he was bringing it to Andy.









You can see the trail/ridge behind us to the right that we went to view the mountain close-up








He was a monster in the car

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun hike... Ya, Saturday was SO HOT! This whole week was crazy warm! It was fun seeing you on Friday. Sorry I had to keep leaving the table, I needed to make my rounds saying hello to friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE to go on that hike now!

    ReplyDelete