Sunday, September 18, 2011

Eugene

I had a game this weekend in Eugene, Oregon.  For those unaware, it is 4.5 hours from Puyallup.  We decided it would be easier to not wake up early and drive down, so we decided to stay in Vancouver (2 hours away) overnight.

I got off work and we stopped to check out our house's progress. The walls are up!  I won't bore you with all the pictures, but I will put the living room and the outside.  We snuck in the garage door.


Sawyer was good down to Vancouver, he loves to shake his sippy cup though and got water everywhere.  He eventually fell asleep.

We got to Vancouver and hung out with his aunt Karla and eventually his uncle Bill and cousin Duncan got back from the Timbers game (they have season tix like us- the Timbers are the Sounders' rivals). It was pretty fun.  We got to sleep in their little apartment.  They have a laundry room and if you go through that, there is a little apartment with a small living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom.  Sawyer would scream any time we put him in his pack and play all night, so he had to sleep with us. It was AWFUL!  He is so wiggly!

We woke up early and hit the road. We gave ourselves an extra hour since there was a University of Oregon football game (also in Eugene) and we knew the traffic would be bad.  Though the road was filled with Duck fans the whole way down with their little tail feathers sticking out of their trunks (aka those yellow pom-pons they give out at sporting events) and flags on their cars (several littered along the side of the freeway that blew off) we still got there about an hour before I had to be so we stopped and played at the park next door.


Yes, Sawyer actually did a summersault down the slide


My left foot has had issues the past two weeks. Before the park, i had a bad bruise under my small toes on the top of my foot (i got stepped on), a blister, and my toenail is ripped halfway and I have been taping my toe.  After the park, I added a bloody stubbed toe on something sharp in the rocks that cut it while I was chasing Sawyer as in the last pic.

Our actual game went well. I don't have pictures because Andy was cheering/yelling at the ref the whole game, but I will someday have a massive picture blog from all the other people with cameras.  We won 37-5 YAY!  We are now going to regionals in California at the end of the season so I hear. I didn't even get bruised this game which must be a record!  I even got to kick it once and the girl catching it got a knock-on. I was proud lol.

We drove home right after and Sawyer screamed for the last 2 hours.  It was awful. I can't blame him for wanting out though, I did too.  I had to work as soon as I got home because everyone was required to come in that night to help change the store around.  I worked for about an hour, got home, gave beany a bath while Andy grocery shopped, then we finally got to hit the sack.  What a day!

Today we putted around.  I took pics of my friend who needs them for her wedding invitations. I get to be a bridesmaid in her November wedding- I am so excited! I wish we had longer but it was raining and her baby was in bed and she felt awkward taking pics so we went in her backyard for literally 5 minutes lol.


I feel like there is always so much going on and time is flying lately!

1 comment:

  1. Eugene feels like home to me!! Go ducks LOL
    Your house is coming along awesome!!!

    -jill dunno why its leaving me as anonymous right now LOL

    ReplyDelete