Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Puyallup has been done

Whoo, we finally made it to the fair!  If you are not familiar, the Puyallup Fair is THE fair. Look it up if you don't believe me (thefair.com).  If you grew up in Puyallup, you haven't missed it.  You get free tickets every year, and you even get the first Wednesday off half-day for designated "fair day." I hear people from other places say "it is always the same."  Yes, it IS always the same.  The same delicious, fun, and exciting fair.  They just don't understand.  Luckily we saved ourselves $20 and got some free tickets from Destiny (since her grandma owned stock and they send her like 36 tickets every year).  You don't get free tickets after you graduate.

In our family, we pretty much count down to the fair in terms of Earthquake Burgers.  Andy would say "two more weeks until Earthquake Burgers!"  Earthquake Burgers is a place that used to have a restaurant up on South Hill (where we live), but closed down when I was like 8.  Now you can ONLY get it at the fair, and NOT during Spring Fair.  We drove to Destiny and Erik's house to park, walked down, and made a dash for the Earthquake stand. Luckily, being a Wednesday, the line was short.  On weekends, you have to wait FOREVER and pretty much have to fight for a spot to sit down when someone gets up. We didn't have a problem today.




These burgers aren't cheap.  A basic one is $10!  Add cheese and onions and it is pricey!  We realized that it is cheaper to get a double (we cut it in half) and some of the delicious (brick of) fries and we are both full.  It still cost us $22 but it is a LOT of food. The burgers are huge.
Andy had the top bun to load ketchup


Longest fry ever!


That gem walked by while we were eating with some crazy music to boot
We walked around the rides and games to feel the excitement. I hate doing those things now, but I used to love them when I was small, so it is good memories.  We should have known better than to go on a bracelet day (unlimited rides when you buy one), it was crowded.





I love this picture in the sun
I can't wait for Sawyer to ride these (he loved watching them)

And this (which was my favorite ride I remember as a little kid)

And this is my future favorite ride. You get zipped into a plastic ball to "walk on water".  If there werent a bunch of little kids in there, I would have done it today.

We visited the hobby hall and the animals.  Sawyer loves animals (he doesn't talk much but he barks when he sees a dog, says "duck", and can hoot like an owl and moo like a cow).  He even got to pet slap a goat.  We got to see a lady feed a piglet too. Very cute.
There's a tiny chick in there but you can't see it well





My legs were getting super sore (I have had shin splints for about a week now) and we had a party to attend to, so we left.  Destiny was having a jewelry party which was quite fun while the guys played FIFA in the other room.  Sawyer was so tired he fell asleep on Andy!  I already want more fair food, but it will have to wait until next year.  I consumed enough calories for a month, and I didn't even have any of the deep fried butter, oreos, koolaid, etc that were options!  It was fun though, even if it was the same as any other year.

No comments:

Post a Comment