Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Highs and Lows

I am going to do something like the "compliment sandwich" here lol. I will start this blog off with a positive, then negative, then positive. First off, I wanted to congratulate the country, military, and the personal friends I have that are directly affected by today's end of the "Don't ask, Don't tell". I know they are celebrating tonight and I feel like my problems are so small compared to the people that had to hide who they really are for so long.  I feel like our country is moving closer to equality for all.

Negative- I have been so stressed lately. I wish it was just Halloween so we could know that the house all went well, that Andy's paychecks have been coming right, and that the loan goes through. The rugby season would be over so I could have more time with my boys too. I feel like I don't have any free time or money anymore :(

Another positive:  Have I mentioned Andy got an awesome promotion? We had to keep it on the DL for awhile so I can't remember if I posted about it.  Basically, he got his boss's job.  He is no longer a driver and is now in charge of everyone at the Auburn places.  He is not back in school because his goal was to have a job that he can dress nice (like now) and with school and student teaching, we didn't know how he could afford to do that....plus even as a driver, the teacher's salary would be a pay cut....and we have had a few friends that couldn't even find teaching jobs (one moved to vancouver, one moved to korea to get jobs) so the future wasn't as promising. Now he got more money and a very good chance for an even better promotion eventually.  We are very proud! This is how we got the house, on his new salary.  He finally got his first paycheck on Friday so hopefully things will turn around.

Last positive:  This future rugger (and current rug-rat) is 15 months today!  He is becoming more of a real person and we love him so much.  It melts my heart when he comes and sits on my lap or gives me a baby kiss (aka coming at your face with his mouth open), or hears me upstairs and runs to his gate and yells up MAMA MAMA! I can't wait until he can actually talk so we know more what he wants and needs.  Usually he wants to read a book, but he hands us pretty much everything in reach lately and goes "Ehhh?" Here he is in his mama's jersey.


1 comment:

  1. Love the jersey! (I was always #10 growing up!) YAY for Andy and his 'nice dressing job'!!! House stress is some of the worst stress.

    ReplyDelete