Friday, October 1, 2010

All my exes live in Texas

Ok, that is a lie, but sometimes I wish it was true. Kind of.  Have you ever ran into your ex's family that you haven't seen in a long time, then have to make conversation somehow?  Well, I guess I get myself into those situations because Chris's sister Megan watches my son 4 days a week.  Don't get me wrong, I love the English family.  I miss them a lot.  We got pretty close since me and Chris dated for 2 years, one of which we lived together.  He is one of 8 kids (the youngest was in high school, the oldest was like 35).  We would see them at least once a week to hang out or at a sporting event.  That is why I was close enough to Megan to ask her to watch Sawyer for me while I am at work.  It is just awkward sometimes because his family is there and I never know what to say because there i am married with a baby lol.  I thought of writing about this because his brother and sister in law were there yesterday.  I think i turned out as the "mean" one in the end because he wanted to get back together and i didnt want to so that is where most of the awkward comes from.  One time their dad was there and he was meeting and playing with Sawyer and he said "he's a cutie" and Chris says "He could have been cuter"  then a couple minutes later Sammy (Megans daughter that is like 7 or 8) comes up to them and says to Sawyer "If Amy and Christopher didnt break up, that would be your grandpa!" We were laughing so hard. It was so awkward. Its just funny i guess. I'm sure a lot of people have those situations like running into the family at the mall and stuff, and i bet some are just still buddies with them that it isnt awkward at all. I guess i am in the middle of those two.

1 comment: