Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving '14

I didn't take a lot of pictures, but we went to my mom and dad's for thanksgiving and were joined by Erik & Destiny (and Piper), Grandma & Grandpa, and Andy's cousin Emily (she moved up from Utah a little over a year ago.)

We ate all the food.  Sawyer ate like none of the food despite putting little bits of everything on his plate, but he did ask for more "chicken" (turkey) and eggs.  I went to get him eggs and I asked how many more he wanted.  "Ummm, six please." I gave him two.

I hate sweet potatoes. Like hate them as much as I hate olives (which is a lot), but Emily brought a sweet potato casserole that tasted like pecan pie and not sweet potatoes at all and I ate a lot.  Andy also made pies- pumpkin (duh), banana cheesecake (yum- my favorite), and chocolate cream (so rich everyone could only eat part of a piece.)  My mom made all the "normal" food and it was GOOD.








Then we watched the Seahawks dominate the 49ers...nice.

That night we bought a washer and dryer online for Black Friday because our dryer broke a couple days ago (how convenient) but it's been burning our clothes for 6 years anyway and the washer has been held together with duct tape for half a year.  We saved $700 though :)

We both had to work Black Friday and I normally don't shop because, you know, chaos, but I remembered we needed pajamas for the kids Santa photos this weekend.  I stopped at Target and found all the clothes 40% off.  I had been eyeing so many things for awhile so of course I had to buy some clothes.  Then on the way out of the parking lot I saw Famous Footwear had buy one get one 1/2 off.  Normally they have that but it just applies to clearance so I had to take advantage.  My combat boots are so worn out so I bought the same pair but in black and some nude colored ones that are so cute with lace.  Andy got some running shoes and Sawyer got some every day Vans.  I also bought a couple pairs of chinos online for Sawyer in orange (his favorite) green and gray since his pants don't fit.  Andy went back later and got Sawyer some Octonauts and DVD's.

That night Doug came back.  Sawyer liked him until I read the story, then he yelled at him "Stop looking at me like that!" and hid under the blanket.  He came back up and told me he doesn't like him looking at him and ran into the closet.  "Can he see me in here?" I told him no and he is just a toy but I don't know if he believes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment