Sunday, November 23, 2014

Saturday

Yesterday wasn't too bad.

We had been sick this week so I wanted to do something somewhat interesting.  We had to go to Bellevue because I had an appointment for laser hair removal.  I'll let you know how that goes in like a year lol.  They say your hair has several growth cycles so you don't even notice a difference until 4 treatments (my groupon had 6 treatments included) but so far, not bad.  I could barely feel it for most of it, and it lasted like less than a minute.  She said with how you need to space them out it can take like a year to complete them all.  If all it takes is a few minutes out of my year to not have to shave, definitely worth it.  I have high hopes because I'm the ideal candidate (pale skin, dark hair).  I guess it just zaps the roots and kills them, then it falls out and you wait for it to grow back and you do it again.  The best part of this is unlike wax, you have to shave before you go so you don't have to look like a hippie waiting for your next treatment ;)  It isn't even expensive if you do a groupon.

After that surprisingly easy trip, we went to get food. We decided to pop over to Seattle since it is different scenery.  We were going to go to Cheesecake factory but since I drive through Bellevue every day I wanted to see something different.  We decided to go to Seattle and drive around, which meant we got to go over the i-90 bridge which I love to do.  We drove through a few neighborhoods and when we were in Fremont I told Andy I wanted to see the troll since I realized the kids hadn't even seen it yet.  If you aren't familiar with the area, there is a big troll under the Fremont bridge that is one of Seattle's landmarks.  He's got a VW beetle under his hand and you can climb on him.





I told Andy to pick food so we ended up at Red Mill in Ballard.  We would have went to Paseo, but you know THEY CLOSED IT AND NOBODY REALLY KNOWS EXACTLY WHY YET! It is a little weird that a place that always has a line 40 minutes long would close, not to mention in was Yelp!'s number 2 restaurant in the entire country.  Apparently some former workers are trying to raise money on a kickstarter to open back up.  We ate tasty food and I had a good fish sandwich.  We were right across from the locks but we didn't bring good jackets so I didn't want to freeze just to go see boats.


Next we went to Molly Moons where I was hoping their seasonal flavors would be better but ended up giving Andy mine because I didn't know there would be coffee bean crumbs in it which I got sick of chewing and I ate his chocolate one.

We got home and cleaned the house which was awesome because the laundry has been backed up and we were able to get the living room and our room and Kellan's room cleaned up.  Sawyer's room has been a bit crazy because there is a lot of stuff in there that needs to be in storage but we can't move it til Davey leaves so I just leave it since there's no point cleaning it.  Especially since he never sleeps or plays in there anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment