Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Folklife

Monday we all had the day off (yay for actually getting holidays off as opposed to my old retail schedule...) anyway, we decided to hit up the folklife festival in Seattle.

I will be honest, I mainly enjoy festivals for the food.  That was the main reason we went because I really don't like hippies and this is essentially a hippie festival.  Not the cool tie-dye peace sign hippies, but the weird earth-tone flowy skirt no shaving kind of hippies.  I did want a tie-dye shirt though ;)

We got there and saw the parking garage was charging $17 (the festival is free) we said F that and drove up the street and found street parking a block away (woot!)  We wandered around the booths and scoped out the food choices.  We went for the sharing method so we ended up with lumpia from the Philippine booth, a burrito from the taco place, back to the Philippine booth for some more lumpia, pancet, and BBQ chicken, and a mango lemonade (my favorite drink ever- I've been inhaling the Simply Lemonade version lately).  Sawyer ended up with the world's biggest corn dog.  We settled down with the food to watch a juggler.  Sawyer even got called on to assist him, but he got shy half way up and changed his mind.

My stroller had a lumpia holder



Kellan was a fan of the mango lemonade too




Afterwards we walked around more booths and passed several music stages where people were dancing to live music


We got a strawberry shortcake and settled down by the fountain (one of my favorite memories from when I was young and we'd go to Seattle)


Sawyer loved the fountain so much!

We put sawyer naked (he wore a shirt as pants when we got back to the car) and I got my tie-dye shirt!  Sawyer says he wanted one so we might have to try tie-dying here soon!
I'm a hippie now!

No comments:

Post a Comment