Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Recent accomplishments

I don't blog much as much anymore, so I always feel like squeezing stuff into each one.  I end up missing some things, but it is so hard to find the time to do it!  There were a few things lately I should post about:

Andy got me garden boxes for mother's day and we took all the blackberry bushes out of the back yard.  He also trimmed all the crap growing back there so it almost looks like we have grass (technically we do, it is just a ton of rocks under with it that will break your ankle if you tried to run around in it).

Monday I was feeling a little off, but then the gas light came on during my drive to work.  Most people don't know, but I get really bad driving anxiety.  Like really bad.  It is weird because any other aspect of my life I am really easy going and I don't stress about anything, but driving is a whole other world. I also hate pumping gas- Andy always gets it.  But driving is the worst if I don't know where I am.  Anyway I got off in Renton to find gas and I was bawling driving around and it was literally making me sick so I called in that day.  Plus my car's counter went from 23 miles left until the gas went out to ZERO.  I know it couldn't be accurate but that literally almost gave me a heart attack.  Anyway, I ended up taking the long way home because I called Andy and he told me the road I was on would hook up with highway 18.  I calmed down a bit on that gorgeous drive through countryside but was still feeling like crap all day headache and all.  I decided to buy a few plants for my garden boxes on the way home so now hopefully we will have a few vegetable plants producing some food.  I have no idea what I'm doing though.


I have also been keeping up with my Couch 2 5K.  I haven't missed any days and I haven't had to walk any extra.  Yesterday was the "dreaded" week 5 day 3 which is when they make the first jump to "long" runs.  I'm sure my friends will find this laughable because everyone I know runs half marathons and 5 miles daily, but this is when you run 20 minutes straight and I was so excited to actually do it without any walk breaks. :)

The other day a friend from high school (we had PE together for 2 years) posted on FB that she wanted to go for a hike with someone on Wednesday, so I took her up on it.  She had seen everyone post about Rattlesnake Ledge and I like that one, so we went there.  It is 1160ft elevation gain, 4 miles round trip, and I had just done my first "long" run so I was a little nervous, but we did it!  It felt great.  It is also awesome that she did so well because she is such an inspiration- she recently lost over 100 lbs this past year!  We had a lot of fun and went at the perfect time- there was hardly anyone there, but on our way down we passed quite a few people.  The weather was perfect at around 75ish but a little cooler in the forest.

Panorama view from the ledge


This is from the lake at the bottom and the top of that cliff thing is where you end up

Panorama view of North Bend from the back side
I am also getting a little better at guitar.  Right now I can play Wonderwall (Oasis), Burn (Ellie Goulding), I'm yours (Jason Mraz), Hey Jude (Beatles), and I'm starting to learn Stairway to Heaven but it's using your fingers picking and I'm used to chords with a pick and it is REALLY hard to finger the left hand so I think it will take awhile.

1 comment: