Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Funny Milestones

It is funny as the kids get older, the milestones aren't as drastic.  I kind of forget to post about Sawyer's because they aren't huge (like walking) but we still get impressed by things he does or says all the time.

A few months ago Sawyer started dressing himself.  He went upstairs in his pajamas, and came down completely dressed down to his socks.  He had even got his step stool to get his shirts off of his hangers in the closet.  Since then he only lets me help by buttoning his jeans.  I was pretty surprised because he hadn't shown any interest before that and just showed up dressed.

The other day we had a pretty good day and ended up at Pita Pit.  He had to pee and he went into the bathroom.  I noticed the toilet was kind of high so I told Sawyer I'd be right back while I handed something to Andy.  I came back and he had locked the door.  I waited outside and knocked.  He opened the door as he was wiping his hands dry with a paper towel.  To be honest, I was surprised he didn't pee on anything with the toilet so high, and he had even washed his hands.  I was pretty proud of his first public bathroom attempt by himself.


He also put together his track, which I was kind of impressed because I even have a hard time getting the pieces together right.  He had lost a piece though.


Yesterday Kellan ate just about all of a sloppy joe (Andy had to help because even I have a hard time eating those).

Here is a picture of Kellan at Target that I thought was cute from the other day too:

No comments:

Post a Comment