Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's day 2014

We finally had a great Valentine's day, despite the fact that we've been sick. I was lucky enough to have THREE boys be my valentine :)

I took 2 hours of PTO so I could get off at a reasonable time (4:00) and the boys rode the bus up to get me.  Lucky our new car seats came the day before so Andy didn't have to deal with that on the bus!  He did get to deal with this:

 




They met me in Kirkland since I got off when their bus was still in Seattle, then we drove right back over the bridge to go back.


We went straight to the waterfront.  We had bought tickets to ride the Great Wheel! They gave us a time slot, but we wanted to go as early as possible (I thought it might get busy on v-day).  Sawyer was iffy at first, but eventually he got excited.


Here we are in line, but we barely had to wait at all- which was good because we didn't need to be out in the cold any longer than possible (luckily it wasn't too cold either)


We got on and we got our own box!  I think they did that because it was v-day and still early.  I think normally they would have put us with another couple since they fit 8 people.




Love this view of the stadium (red for the holiday)


We went around 4 times (one with stops, and 3 rotations without) and went to get food at the oyster bar. Kellan ate a lot of corn (we cut it off the cob)




Heart
 Afterwards we drove to Alki to get the best view of Seattle at night.  Seriously, my phone can't capture how pretty the view is.  If there is one thing you do in Seattle, go to Alki at night for that view!  We always try to go there if we aren't rushing back home for some reason.


I am so happy this Valentine's day went so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment