Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Skating

We are a bit of a sports family, so we watched as much of the Sochi Olympics the past 2 weeks as we could.  Sawyer saw the speed skaters and liked it.  I casually mentioned I should take him roller skating, and he had been asking every day since "Is today roller skating?"

I looked online and there was only weekend sessions (which wasn't ideal since Andy has work in the mornings) except the last Wednesday of the month is "homeschool skate" which is public.  Luckily, that is the perfect day and the last Wednesday was coming up.  He was so excited when we told him this morning that we were going today.

I haven't been skating since Andy and I started dating.  I don't even think we were officially dating at that point.  Our team at Pierce rented out Tiffany's as a family event.  We all dressed like 70's as best we knew.

And also resulted in a hilarious fall when I tried to skate through Andy's legs

They did a little renovating since then (6 years ago) note the TV's in the center and the new shop and arcade.




We laced up and took turns staying with Kellan and the other taking Sawyer around.  He loved it and kept telling me "I'm learning how to roller skate!" with the biggest smile.  They make the kid skates really tight so he only fell a couple times.


Watching the races




It was really fun!

Afterwards we went across the street for my favorite burgers from Five Guys


And on the way home we stopped at Ted Brown for my birthday present- Andy signed me up for guitar lessons :D  I am so excited to get back into music- it's been over 10 years since I've played an instrument (I played flute and oboe in elementary/junior high).  They gave me a coupon for my lesson book and flashbacks to my early years when I used to get so excited when we were going to the music store made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment