Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ski bums

Yesterday my friend Federico got us tickets to the Alaska Airlines ski night at Snoqualmie.  They buy out West and you can get tickets from an employee for like $13 a piece.  (They are like $40 normally, plus no lines).

 It was pelting tiny ice spheres that somehow managed to melt enough to just get stuck to your goggles then freeze again, where you can't see unless you scrape it off with your gloves. The snow between lifts was this crappy powder that was impossible for a skier to go through, but we got our money's worth x50 once we stuck to going down the lifts and not crossing over.  When we did have to cross over, I had to snow plow in a weird way that wore out my quads so fast I had to stop every 20 feet to break.

I skied with my dad, and we met up with Andy in the middle at the lodge for some food.  He brought his music and had planned to go off on his own since I had been skiing since I was 5 and he has a bad time when trying to keep up with us.  He said he had the most fun he's ever had just going at his own pace and going off a little jump he found.  I didn't crash, Andy was a self-described white ball of powder, and my dad "crashed" once in a funny puff of powder when he thought he'd goof off doing a weird back and forth move but ended up in that crappy powder I mentioned before and it took one of his skis off course, hehe.

It was fun, cold, and worth it once we discovered a lift with the best snow.

Andy wore a soccer jersey over his north face lol

Andy on the chair lift (I don't like his snowboard touching my skis)

Me and dad on the lift

Andy

Is that Bode Miller? Nope, just me ;)

Dad on the hill

The roads at the pass required our 4wd

No comments:

Post a Comment