Monday, October 21, 2013

treadmill

I don't know why it took so long, but we found a good treadmill on Craigslist the other day (some of them are just horrid and disgusting looking on there) and we got it!  They were just getting rid of it because they live in an apartment and the people below them complained (ya don't say?)

The first week I was so sad I couldn't try it because
-Got it late Monday
-Practice Tuesday
-Sounders game Wednesday
-Practice Thursday
-Friday I was dumb and wore a pair of heels to work that gave me the worst blisters that I could barely walk by the end of the day
-Saturday I had a game and my feet hurt just as bad having run on those blisters in cleats
-Sunday was just as bad as well as my muscles from the day before
-Monday I first got the flu/plague thing which lasted all week (even though I still went to practice feeling like death)
Which leads to yesterday where I was still sore from my game but I decided to walk it out and it was AWESOME!!!!!  Andy put it right in front of our TV in our room (it stays on the side) and I walked a slower mile on a 7 incline, and a second quick mile...all while watching my normal Sunday night shows!  Why did it take us so long to get one of those!?  It just blows my mind that I can "walk" 2 miles while watching TV.

Now, I know it isn't the same as "real" running.  If you haven't seen the studies/science it is pretty much because in real running you are propelling your entire body through space, while a treadmill is just moving your legs to keep up with the strip, but it will still be good cardio and leg workout during the winter months where I can't breathe cold air.

Erik and Andy bring it up the stairs...it is heavy

The little set up, it folds up and fits on the side of our room when its done

No comments:

Post a Comment