Friday, October 25, 2013

This land is your land

More tales from a car ride...

My mom taught Sawyer the "This land is your land, this land is my land" song on Wednesday.  We were singing it on the way home from daycare and I asked, "Who lives in California?" when we got to that part.

"My other grandma and poppa!  That's why I made it for them"

"You made what?"

"California.  I made it so they could go to there."

"Huh. Ok.  California is really far, we'd have to drive all night to get there."

"I pee my pants."

"WHAT?"

"I pee my pants when we go to California sometimes.  That's why I need to go to a bathroom when we get there so I don't pee my pants"

"Oh.  Ok."


....about 3 minutes later he started yelling at me for turning the wrong direction....

Me: "No, home is this way"

"No, that's the way back to Eli LJ's"

"No it's no-ot" (I say sing-song like)

"Yes it i-is" (he sings back)

"Just watch and you'll see"

"I'll look out the win-dow, but no I wo-on't" (he says sing-song like at me)

....we get home....

We're in the driveway and he turns his head

"I don't see my home"

Me, pointing at the house, "what's that then"

"The garage" (Yep, I got a smart aleck)

"Is the garage attached to our house?"

"...yeah."

"So I guess mommy knows where she is going, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess."

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Yay, he remembers his Papa and Other Grandma in California! Gosh, I miss those darling little guys!

    ReplyDelete