Monday, October 21, 2013

Tough guys

Two blogs in one night, but they are so unrelated.

I hate even typing it, but the past 2 days have been 2 big scares.

The first was yesterday.  Andy and Sawyer went upstairs, and I heard a loud booming noise, then Sawyer crying.  I figured Andy was with him, especially since he was crying.  Well, he didn't stop, and it turned into screams of "DADDY!"  I was feeding Kellan downstairs and after the second "DADDY!" I knew Andy wasn't going to help him (turns out he was in the bathroom and didn't even hear this whole thing).  I ran into his room to find Sawyer crushed under his dresser and he was stuck there.  It was terrifying because I didn't know how heavy the dresser was.  I knew it was hard to move, but didn't know if it was heavy or just dragged on the carpet.  I pulled it off of him and lifted the drawers off.  Luckily, it looked like he just had a few scratches and he stopped crying once I hugged him.  I was shaking for a bit afterwards though.  I have repeatedly scolded him for climbing on his furniture so I hope he learned a lesson this time before something worse happens.

The second was tonight after I got home from work.  I went upstairs to change, but realized Kellan's diaper was puffy so I laid him down and had Sawyer get me a diaper.  He brought wipes instead so I ran into his room to grab an actual diaper.  He was really far from the stairs and his room is right there so I didn't even think it would be something to worry about.  Well, somehow in the 5 seconds I was gone he managed to move faster than he has ever moved in his life and pushed (he can't have rolled at that angle) himself right down the stairs.  I was on my way out as we hear "THUNK THUNK THUNK WAAHHH" and see him rolling down the stairs.  He made it halfway down before I grabbed him.  He was going pretty slowly and the stairs are close to each other so it didn't look like he was really hurt, but it definitely scared both him and me.  Sawyer sang him a lullaby as I was just hugging him until Andy got home.

These are definitely not experiences I ever want to have again.  We finally moved Kellan out of the pack n' play in our room into his room and crib last night and I'm having Andy move the crib down because he is starting to pull up on things, and I don't want another experience like the past two days!

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor little guys to have had these mishaps! Sure glad they (and you) are okay, sometimes it's harder on the mom when stuff like this happens. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 4 months old Easton did the exact same thing and fell down the stairs. They move so much quicker than we think. Turns out their bones are so flexible that they rarely get hurt when things like that happen but it is sure scary.

    ReplyDelete