Saturday, September 28, 2013

Monsoon game

Y'know how it is usually really warm until the middle of October every year?  Not this one.  It changed this week.

Now, I am a fan of this colder weather usually.  I like to wear sweatshirts and yoga pants and have blankets on when I am relaxing.  After this weather where you kind of just had to lay there sweating, or get too hot walking to your car, it was a bit of a relief.  It is not awesome, however, if you are planning to take pictures and have a rugby game.

Our pictures were postponed to next week but we can't make it because Andy's race/Oktoberfest so we had to push it to the 19th.  :(  Rugby on the other hand, waits for no one.

We got there to a monsoon at 10:30 because our coach wanted to talk about some new plays for the backs.  We huddled under cover until 11:15ish when we had to start setting up the field.  After that we started warming up.  Luckily it wasn't really cold, just wet.  We were all SOAKED.  Bend showed up and didn't even leave their cars until game time which they then told the ref they didn't have a car make it because of traffic so they needed 15 minutes for them to arrive.  I brought a spare pair of cleats and new socks so I was toasty right before the game.  It didn't last long though.

I played wing and did ok and got a few tackles and ran a few times.  I somehow jammed my thumb and the newly-aerated field brought up the sand and our knees were all torn to shreds.  It was a lot of dropped balls and sliding around and a lot of puddles and it was pretty fun.  Neither side had numbers so we played with just 15 each...we actually played 14 the second half because someone had to go to work.  We still won 34-5.  Sawyer was cold from playing before the game so Andy bundled him in blankets wearing just his undies and a jacket without a shirt and he sat nicely in the stroller.  Kellan was in the Ergo wearing an adorable bear outfit.  We peeled our clothes off afterwards and threw them straight into the wash.  My sweatshirt weighed like 20 lbs.





happy and dry

There I run

I didn't make it too far, do you like how my hair is parallel to the ground?

Not sure what I'm doing there, I'm 11

Winners, 34-5

1 comment: