Sunday, September 15, 2013

A little rugby and a little trip to Vancouver

One of the girls on my rugby team contacted me Friday and said they were desperate.  I've been avoiding rugby because 1. my joints aren't back to normal (the relaxin or whatever hormone from pregnancy lasts awhile and leaves you prone to injury) 2. practice is hard to get to Tacoma by 6:30 when I don't get home after getting the boys until 6:20.  Well, they said they didn't have enough people and the league would take out our team if we didn't have enough people CIPPed (pretty much pay the US rugby club) by the first game.  I decided to "take one for the team" and pay up.  They guaranteed playing time so I thought "what the heck".

Umm yeah, I haven't even TOUCHED a rugby ball in over a year.  That was apparent during the game, as well as my lack of endurance.  I didn't do TOO bad though.  I had to take on half their team on defense because apparently the Sirens need work on realizing when their team has the ball and they're lined up on one side of the field, we should probably be lined up on that same side.  I dropped the ball a few times though, but that is because I have had zero practice at the hand-eye coordination required.   I blame them for putting me at inside though- I shouldn't have been given that much responsibility lol.  I only had to play a half and I didn't die or anything so that was good.  Also, we beat Eugene (Oregon).  So, yay.  I was sick too, and today my entire body hurts...so bad.  If you want to discover muscles you didn't know you had, have some girls tackle you and wait until the next day.  Oww.


Sawyer walked Chase

Here I am tackling some girl i the middle (bad form here, don't take note)

Here I am actually bringing her down on top of me (again, don't try this yourself)

Kellan did this most of the game

My newest fan.

Today (Sunday) we drove down to Vancouver because cousin Maddie is going on a mission for church.  They started to let girls go at 19 this year so she signed up right away.  She is going to Mesa, AZ.  We had to leave at 7 to get to their church on time (well, a little late lol) and walked in right before her talk- awesome timing!!!  We went to hang out at their house afterwards and eat.  Yum- and fun as usual.  I love Andy's Vancouver family!  We left around 3 to get home to the Seahawks game on TV.  Very fun though.
Great-grandma and Kel




Duncan thought it was a good idea to load up this gun Sawyer found with nerf darts

Sawyer giving Maddie a hug goodbye- he loves her

No comments:

Post a Comment