Sunday, September 22, 2013

iPhone, Portland, Laundry

It was a long weekend.  It always seems like it though- I guess that's a good thing :)

Friday was iPhone launch, which means 11 hour shifts and non-stop customers.  We opened at 8am too so we had to be there at 7...which meant I had to leave at 6:10.  Saying it was a long day is an understatement, but at least Alex's girlfriend made delicious cupcakes (s'mores and chocolate).
The sunrise from the parking lot.  Mt. Rainier decided to wear a hat.

yum-o
Saturday morning we had to head to Portland because I had a rugby (or as Sawyer calls it, rubby or bubby) game.  We only had 14 players (15 play) and they are a good team.  We were a man down with no subs but they only scored once the first half.  The second half we had someone get sin binned 10 minutes for a high tackle (we had been warned) and as soon as she got back in we had someone else high tackle which resulted in a red card so we were 2 down and they had subbed people in that had fresh legs.  It was a long 80 minutes and I was exhausted!  They won by quite a bit after the second half unfortunately.  The rain let up during the game and it was actually pretty hot out.  It started to pour the second the game was over.  What luck!
The 14 of us plus injured Leslie
Afterwards we headed through Portland to the outlets.  I remembered my purse leather was peeling away and needed a new one and they had a Coach outlet (tax free) and I snagged a new one for only $115 (originally like $400) and Sawyer got an "El chupaca-cabra" (El Chupacabra is a character in Planes) he was so good in the car and at the game he deserved it.  He didn't even sleep in the car.



He doesn't look happy because he is going down for a nap
Afterwards we were starving and we found a Fuddruckers.  I had only been there once when I was like 14 and it was in Montana...or Wyoming...or something on the way to Colorado.  I was pleased though, they let you put on your own toppings and even had melty cheese we dipped the fry wedges in.  The onion rings were awesome too.
The farmers market produce bar

fresh baked buns too
Kellan even ate a burger!  Just kidding, he ate socks.

...and Andy ate Kellan

Just kidding again, he had a burger too.  The drive home was not bad, Sawyer barely said a word which was good because he likes to have conversations in the car that are really quiet and he gets mad that we can't understand him.

Today I did laundry all day.  I am so sore, but we have so dang much laundry that piles up that I needed to take care of.  I am happy to say it is all clean and there is nothing left in the hallway...though Kellan's stuff is neither folded nor hung up.  Progress though.

Kellan was a big help.

Actually he just drooled and moaned all day so much that I had to put a bib on him.  We all have a nasty cold and he's turned into a drool and snot factory.  I'm hoping it gets better before I have to take them to the doc AGAIN.  We have been there way too many times this year.

Sawyer jumped on the bed as usual but made me take pictures.  It cracked me up that the tongue on his shirt would fly around.





These guys got haircuts today too :)  We have pictures next week so I wanted Sawyer to get a pro to cut it instead of our hack job buzz cuts.  He was so good and just sat still the whole time that Andy took him to get chocolate milk after :)

It is the first day of fall and it behaved like it.  It has been a hot dry summer and this week the rain decided to come back.  It actually is turning the dead things green again and makes everything smell so good and fresh that I don't mind it.  I think it's time to get out the fall decor soon :)  Happy Fall!

1 comment: