Friday, July 5, 2013

Independence day 2013

I had to work the morning of July 4th, but I got off at one so there was plenty of time to enjoy my favorite holiday with the family.

We headed up to one of our two favorite Independence Day locations, my aunt's house on Lake Tapps.

First Kellan got to meet Aunt Linda from Florida.  He was in a bad mood though.

Sawyer showed off his cape

Then we ate (one of my favorite parts of this holiday) Burgers, pierogis, roasted corn, watermelon, potato salad, pulled pork

Aunt Destiny played with Kellan most of the day

 Sawyer and Lily played together.  She's barely taller than him and she's five. It was funny having a tiny little person yelling at him for holding the "Pearl of the sea" because it is "fagile" (that yellow ball)
 Peter's fiance Erin did my hair for me
 Hi dad.
 My awesome hair.

Sawyer is now suddenly a water baby thanks to Great Wolf Lodge.  He just jumped right in.

Then dad took me on the jet ski (I still don't have my boater's license)

Next Erik took me and Sawyer around. (He does have a license)

Sawyer was blue from the water but still kept asking to go back in the "swimming pool"

Rowing his boat.

My cousin Peter and his daughter Emily- she's a month older than Kellan.


The effort Sawyer put into those party poppers




He would rev himself up by bending over and pumping his arms...

Then take off running...

Then SPLASH!

Next we made smores



And headed out on the boat to the spot where hundreds of other boats were (those little white lights on the bottom are boat lights)  I love this part because you can just look all around you and people are setting off big fireworks from their docks.

We watched the big firework show, and it was "meh" but we had fun watching the shoreline ones.  The finale wasn't so bad though.

We got back pretty late since it doesn't get dark until 10.  We headed home and there was still a lot of people out lighting them off in the Orting/Sumner valley and on South Hill and Edgewood.  I LOVE driving down the hill from Bonney Lake with that awesome view of all of them below!

No comments:

Post a Comment