Friday, July 26, 2013

Free shoes and other news

Yesterday I got a phone call while I was at work.  South Sound Running opened a store in Puyallup yesterday and the raffle ticket I filled out at Meeker Days was chosen for a free pair of running shoes!!!  That is the store Andy bought his shoes at in Tacoma.

It is really cool.  You go in and take off your shoes and they look at your feet, then they bring out shoes that match your foot shape.  I have a harder time finding good shoes because my feet are wide (they aren't fat- the bones stick out lol).  They have big open stores with all the stuff on the walls so they have you jog down and back and they check out how they make you run.  They suggest which ones you look the best in gait-wise (I had good form in two different shoes) and then you pick which ones are most comfortable.  They said to pick the kind that feel most like your feet- nothing uncomfortable is sticking out.  The winner for me was New Balance 860 V3's in pink.  The shoes were $115 and we walked out paying only $13 at the store and that was all in Gu for Andy!  The next best part is that they have a 30 day return policy where they encourage you to put a bunch of miles on them.  If you have pain or they just feel weird, you can exchange them!

These are neon pink- I have a shirt the same color

Afterwards I had to go back to work to work on a big refresh for our store.  We all had to be there until 11:30 that night but we got free pizza at least and it was kind of fun.
Before

35 boxes of new stuff

The new walls

Other things that have been happening...

Kellan is good at standing now.  It's actually a process to try to get him to sit because he puts his legs stiff.  He just has to balance on our hands, otherwise it's all him. He doesn't try to walk yet.  He doesn't yet roll but he flips his body to the side and gives himself little pushes to try to get over, but he just can't quite get over his arm yet.

Our bushes we planted last year got a couple blueberries (I weeded right after I took this, don't freak)

A little bit of this in the afternoon

And a little bit of this in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment