Saturday, July 20, 2013

Conversations with a three-year-old

Although I hate driving so far out of my way to get the kids (my commute home should be no more than 10 minutes, but with daycare it takes 45 minutes to an hour), I always enjoy the ride from daycare to home.  It usually starts with Sawyer tattling on someone ("Ali hit LJ and made him cry") but also contains random conversations that only a three-year-old can provide.  Here is an example from yesterday.

Actually, before we got in the car Eli was stepping on the car seat and Sawyer yells at him "Don't kill my Kellan!  He's too little!"

"Mommy?"
"What?"
"Love you"
"You too"

"Mommy?"
"What?"
"Love you"
"You too"

"Mommy?"
"What?"
"Stinky butt"
"What? You're silly"

"Stinky butt stinky butt stinky head stinky head poopy head poopy head poopy head poopy head"

"Ok that's annoying"

He then proceeds to sing this version of itsy bitsy:

"Itsy wittle spider up a water spout.  Down came the rain and washed the spider out.  Down came the sun and down came the rain.  Itsy wittle spider up a water spout.  Down came the rain and washed the spider out"....and repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat

"Stinky tree stinky tree stinky tree"

"Mom?"
"What?"
"Those trees have butts"
"That's ridiculous"
"Noooooo, that's not a diculous.  That's a necklace.  You look pretty in a necklace. (He then proceeds to ramble on for 5 minutes where I hear the word necklace every now and then)

"Mommy?  Where are we going?"
"Home"
"Ohhhh.  Is daddy home?"
"I don't know."
"Oh.  He IIIIIS home."
"If you say so"

We then got into the neighborhood and I saw that Andy was, in fact, home.

Me: "You were right, he was home"
"I know"

No comments:

Post a Comment