Saturday, September 20, 2014

Rainier

I was going to post after we had gone on another hike, but we have been so busy that I don't think it's going to happen.  That's probably good, because I have so many photos already! (These are all phone photos, as I don't like any extra weight dragging me down)

My mom and dad have Mt. Rainier passes so they took me on a couple hikes.

The first was to my favorite place, Sunrise.  It has views of everything- meadows, lakes, glaciers, valleys...I can't get enough of it.  If you do it, do the hike to the burrows, and do the full circle version.  And leave Puyallup by around 7 since if you get there any later, the parking lot is full and they don't let people up.  If you do the full loop it is like 6-7 miles-ish





There were a ton of mountain goats on that patch of snow



 We had to use our poles in one spot because this wasn't very stable






hope there isn't an earthquake when you're in this spot










The next one we did was up to reflection lake by route of Narada falls.  This was about 8 miles and was quite steep!  We started at a picnic area across the street from a campground called something like Cougar camp or something.  A lot of people started there and just went up to the first 2 waterfalls but we kept going up to Narada, then to the lake.  It is funny- there is a campground along the trail too, and the "bathroom" is literally a toilet with no shelter right in the middle of the trees!











Narada falls 


Reflection lake...can you see why it is called that?


I love summer, and love that we are only an hour drive from this beauty!  I wish it could last longer though.

No comments:

Post a Comment