Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Doin' work- the fix

Sorry for the multiple posts in one day!

We haven't been terrible at eating lately.  Since I sit all day versus my old on-foot job, I was afraid of getting tubby, and luckily I've lost a few lbs in the long run instead of gained, just by not buying soda cans at home and bringing refrigerator oatmeal for breakfast mixed with healthier dinners.

Unfortunately, the last couple weeks have been pretty bad though.  I have been buying breakfast out of the vending machine (croissant sandwiches and coke) and we have had a lot of fast food.  I would feel guilty and not eat lunch half the time and starve all day.  It was just bad.  I was feeling like we had to do something to get out of it so I decided to buy the 21 day fix since half my FB newsfeed sells it.  Nothing tends to motivate like the fact that you spent money so hopefully this works!

It is kind of cool.  It is a program for 21 days.  You do a 30 minute workout each day, drink a shakeology (not required, but it comes with the plan to start- it counts as one "red" container), and plan meals based on containers.

I got my package last night, so I did kind of a "soft start" today since we didn't have any food yet.  I tried a shakeology for breakfast.  It was chocolate and it was not bad.  It is basically a bunch of nutrients.  I don't know if I'd keep up with it after though since the stuff is hella expensive (like $130 for a month's supply and it came in the pack) but it is good for energy this month.  I mixed in some frozen strawberries and ice.  It tasted like chocolate milk mostly.  The only weird part was the aftertaste was kind of like dried vegetable flavor but much better than the vitamin flavor I was expecting (vitamins are my least favorite flavor ever.)  I was hungry in a few hours though so I think I will have many snacks or add more stuff to it.

I also tried the first workout.  My legs are dead.  They will be SORE tomorrow!  It was pretty hard even though it was a half hour- I was sweaty at the end!  It's been awhile since I worked out so I am excited to get stronger and burn fat :)

I have been working on looking up meals all day.  It is kind of cool how it works.  You get color-coded containers you measure by and the amount you get each day is based on your weight.  For example, each day I get 3 greens (vegetable), 2 purple (fruit), 4 red (protein), 2 yellow (carb), 1 blue (dairy and nut type things), 1 orange (things like dressings or seeds) and 2 tablespoons (oil, peanut butter).  They have a list of things that you can put in there, and the guide for weird shaped things (like eggs or tortillas).  Luckily this is popular and I've found recipes on the internet.

It has treats built in which I like because I feel like people fail because they are missing out on things.  I am not a sweets person though so I don't think I'll be making any of the sweets.  I am going to have to do a modified version anyway since I will have to do some runs to prepare for my race instead of strictly the DVD's, and the fair just started and I'm not about to miss out on fair food that day.  My results probably won't be typical, but I'm expecting to see something- even if it's just muscle after that work out :)


No comments:

Post a Comment