Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Nugget update

GAH!  I have so many things I want to blog about but I never have time for ANYTHING.  I think they will all be too late and I'll have to go through my old phone pics to see what those things are.  In the meantime, I will do something time-specific and that is an update on the nuggets.

Sawyer doesn't change much.  He is still a little demanding for attention and does things he shouldn't (like throwing stuff and whining) but he is at my favorite age ever.  He is so loving.  He likes to come sit or lay with us, and he will come over out of nowhere and kiss my cheek and say he loves me or that I'm the best.  Awwwww. He also says the funniest things because he talks like a "normal" person, but he doesn't understand everything yet.  I posted on FB the other day how I was trying to convince him to sleep in his room (he loves our floor and sometimes appears there at night if he isn't allowed to start there).  I told him there are not monsters in his room because they are afraid of ninja turtles on his wall.  He said "but the monsters come when I pull boogers out of my nose and ears because the ninja turtles don't like boogers."  We just got him a race car bed (free from an old friend of Andy's and he was excited to hear he can just drive around/over the monsters.  I found him on the floor in the morning and asked what happened.  He gave me a sad look and said "one of the monsters was really fast."  That kid and his imagination.

Kellan is growing.  I have been a little sad that he doesn't speak well, but I have friends with worse problems (one of my friends has a 5 year old that doesn't talk due to his autism) and I feel that it isn't a huge problem so I'm not worried.  He has been acting bigger though.  He LOVES ring around the rosie (a little too much that you can't escape or he'll come grab your hand), and he's trying to say more words.  For the very first time yesterday I got home and he ran up to me and said "mommy!" I could have cried I was so happy.  He has been good at "daddy" for a little while.  I told him to find Sawyer yesterday too and he said "tha-wa".  Of course you can't get him to say anything on demand, but progress makes me happy.  The boys love to play together, especially wrestling, chase, and cars.  If Kellan gets hit, he says "ow!" and it is pretty cute.  He also loves to high-five, and "pound it." He even says cheese for a camera (which consists of him making the noise you do when you say cheese but without the actual word, and a huge smile.)  I think my favorite "trick" is when grandma came to town and taught him the sign for "love" so if you tell him you love him, he will often do the arms cross sign back. So sweet.

I took him to the side-yard for a couple minutes to get a shot of him. He looks so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment