Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The old neighborhood

Over the weekend my parent's neighborhood (my old one) had a potluck.  It was kind of cool because they have never really done anything like that before, but due to some crime, they have been getting together to know each other and started a neighborhood watch.  That way everyone can know when something suspicious is happening instead of not even knowing who your neighbors are.

I took the kids over and it was pretty nice.  It was funny seeing all my old neighbors.  One of the kids I babysat when he was 4 was there in a high school basketball jersey.  That was weird!  They thought it was equally weird that I had kids when they remember me at that age :)





Also this weekend we ran the Nathan Chapman trail which went quite well.  I was really happy because I have heard how treadmill running is different muscles and what-not than outdoor running and I was afraid I would be back to nothing, but I was able to go the 2 1/2 miles (which is was where I am on the treadmill pretty much anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment