Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Seattle RnR half

On Saturday Andy ran the Seattle Rock n Roll half marathon.

We left at 4:30 to get a good parking spot.  We aren't fans of paying for parking.  Sawyer had his first slumber party at my parent's house, so it was just me and Kellan there with him.  Luckily when we got to Seattle we found a spot very close (though at the top of a hill so steep they made step things in the sidewalk.)


Andy's corral was quite a bit back, so we waited for him and cheered everyone on.  Finally his corral came up but I couldn't see him.  You can however, see the Webbs/Jensens up front in the same corral!

They were off and we went to hang out and wait.


I listened to this band I really enjoyed.  I think they were called furniture girls or something like that.

Andy came in a little later than his Portland time at 2:20 but he said there were these awful hills at the end that literally took every last bit of energy out of him.  He was still very proud of that time.  He is coming to the finish below, in red.  We couldn't get close because there was a huge flight of stairs

Here he is after!

The Seattle medal on the right, and the Pacific Peaks on the left.  You get the one on the left for completing both Seattle and Portland.  The big foot is fuzzy!


On the way home was my favorite part (sorry Andy, but waiting around for a few hours isn't terribly fun lol).  Our drive home was along part of the race.  I stuck my cowbell out the window over the roof and waved it for quite a few miles down the road.  It was AWESOME!  So many people got smiles on their faces, and at least 50 people waved at me.


We went home, got Sawyer, and we all took naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment