Thursday, September 20, 2012

Surprise :)


Yep, baby's on board.  It is due April 2nd, but we are hoping for mid-March since they said there is often a connection (but not always) between siblings, and Sawyer came 16 days early fully-grown.  We are at about 12 1/2 weeks now :)

I guess to cover the basics:

-Yeah, we were going to wait until rugby was over, but June came around and I realized that would create a summer baby...and I definitely didn't want one of those...nor to be largely prego in the summer- yuck!  I looked up one of those fertility calendars and boom, first month worked perfectly (even if I had my dates off lol)

-How I feel:  

Emotionally- nervous because Sawyer is such a handful now being 2, and I wouldn't want another with him now.  I am glad that he will be a lot more understanding (and understandable) since he will be 3... and totally makes me feel better that he'll be 4 before this one is walking.  I couldn't imagine having an infant the way toddlers take off running!  At the same time we still don't realize another one is coming.

Physically- much better. When I had that cold during our anniversary (around week 6) I thought I would die.  I didn't even know I was carrying Sawyer until week 8, and they say every one is different.  I didn't like how it started off with this one!  Thankfully I learned some tips late with Sawyer to keep me from throwing up this round.  I read a book that said it is mostly mental, and ain't that the truth!  I have trained myself to stop if I start gagging, I know which brand makes the tiny pills that don't make me gag (Kroger, no DHA, Dr. said that was all hype), but I stil have an issue brushing my teeth.  I've only thrown up about 5 times though, woot!  I still have to lay on the couch a lot, and standing at work all day is impossible, so every 45 minutes I come up with some excuse to sit in my office for awhile :/  It is hard because Andy has been so busy at work that we are both completely pooped when we get home.

-Eating: At the start, I would be hungry all the time, but there was only ONE thing I could eat...and even I never knew what that item was until Andy would go through an extensive list.  It was hard because I felt on the verge of gagging at everything, but I'd feel my stomach growl.  That has improved lately, but I am hungry a lot.  I actually eat lunch most days now.

-Dr. appt:  I went in thinking it was the same exact day we went with Sawyer (10 wks) but we received a lovely surprise when the ultrasound revealed a fist-pumping, kicking little bugger.  Sawyer just looked like a bean so I knew we were farther.  The doctor was surprised too and it was actually 11 weeks 1 day- always a nice surprise!  She kept saying how great it looked since it was flipping around and stuff.

I finally had to tell people at work because I was starting to look like I eat wayyy too much, and with the health-kick going on at work, I didn't want to be the only one getting fatter so I had to say why, haha!  Since about 6 people I know revealed their little fetuses this week, I thought I'd jump on board.

Here is how I look at 12.5 weeks...it is no joke you show earlier with your 2nd :/  This is the only mirror we have so I had to stand on the tub lol!  I swear it popped out a ton just in the last week!


3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! Congratulations you guys, that's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! you look awesome! cute shoe picture too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the idea of announcing the arrival of the new addition to your family with shoes! Very clever! I selfishly am hoping for your new baby to be born EXACTLY on your due date! That would be awesome! Sam and I are super excited!

    ReplyDelete