Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sounder events

I have 2 Sounders related stories today, one not-so-good and one good.

We will start with the game on Saturday night.  I had been the water girl at the rugby game earlier, and I guess I probably didn't eat or drink much that day for the little bit of exercise I did with minimum energy.  Despite that, I was feeling just normal at the Sounders game when I started feeling a bit cruddy (not unusual).  But then my ears started to hurt.  I knew that feeling :(

I grabbed Andy and was like "I'm about to pass out".  We walked quickly to the bathroom (well, I stumbled a bit of it) and I hardly made it when I couldn't walk and Andy had to hold me to the ground outside the door.  I could barely hear anything and my vision was gone so I laid on the cement.  I heard a muffled guy come over and say he was getting the medics so I just laid there for a few minutes feeling like death.  It started to disappear and I sat up right as the medics got there.  I told them they could probably leave, but they immediately took my blood pressure and it was like 100 (it normally is 120) so they had me stand up and it dropped to 80.  They wouldn't let me go until it at least got over 100 when standing.  It got up to like 96 so they told me to hydrate and they'd let me leave if I left in an ambulance or if Andy picked me up outside the stadium if I got wheelchaired out.  I picked the wheelchair.

Now I don't pass out often...probably like 6 times in my life.  The pathetic thing is I have now passed out at a Sounders, Seahawks, and Mariners game.  I should get an award.

*Disclaimer: I DID talk to my doctor and she said it was not unusual or dangerous at all, I probably need to drink more (it is so hard to shove liquids in when I don't want anything) and all my 6 vials of blood tests were normal.*


Now for the GOOD Sounders post.  Osvaldo Alonso (my favorite Sounder) came to my work today for an appearance to sign autographs!  We got autographs, a free ball, and took pictures.  Even little Pixie got her shirt signed.  He asked Sawyer if he played soccer, and Sawyer was showing off his skills to everyone.




2 comments:

  1. That is too scarey for your to pass out! Yes, that is a not so good thing to happen. I'm glad you are okay! That's pretty awesome for Sawyer to show off his awesome soccer skills. Soooo stinkin' cute. I miss him! Take care of yourself Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. passing out is scary--- but you are right, it really is not dangerous... i totally passed out when i was preg too... its horrible

    ReplyDelete