Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It all comes at once!

Hmm just when we thought we were in the clear for money, more things pop up :(

I found out today that I definitely need braces.  You can see in the pictures how my teeth are getting worn down because of my bite.  Your top teeth are supposed to go over the bottom, and mine hit right-on.  Also one side of my jaw is bigger than the other causing one side's molars to be off as well.  Come March 28th I will have a nice new brace face.  They are porcelain so they will be white, and not those silver ones with the rubber bands around them, but they are still obvious.  I was hoping invisalign would work, but i need rubber bands on the sides to fix my bite :(  Luckily, my insurance has SOME coverage ($1400) for ortho which apparently not a lot of dental coverage does so I am thankful for that, and glad I pay that dollar each month for coverage lol.  The total work is $6,000 though that must be paid in 2 years so now we have a new bill in addition to our new car that we just had to add a couple hundie plus an insurance hike.

We fixed the pathfinder.  It was rattling.  It got a shiny new exhaust pipe among other things I dont know.

Gas prices are hiked up again right in time for our 36 hour drive coming up in 2 weeks.

We just got the bill for the ER visit when Sawyer had croup.  $600 AFTER insurance.  I paid $400 to HAVE him and stay for 2 full days there!  Before insurance it would have been $2,500 for us to go in and give him some medicine. HOLY COW.  There is another bill for us.  I am hoping since that bill arrived from multicare, and we have not received his surgery bill, it means that there isnt one.  My insurance sent one months and months ago saying we would have to pay $1,000 for it but we never got anything from multicare.  I guess i just have to say thank God for insurance because his surgery was $42,000 without it.  After all of this i think we would have gone bankrupt.

I also have to pay another $60 in addition to the $100 dues for rugby to join the national league or what not. Ugh.  It is worth it though, I like being a part of a league and playing a sport that isn't very popular.  After playing pretty much everything else (softball 10+ years, gymnastics, basketball, some soccer, hockey, karate, cheer...) it is nice to have something new again!

I guess we will not be getting that new couch unless my parents find one (they said we could have theirs if they get a new one to match their renovations they have been doing) crossing my fingers on that one.

I hate how stressful money is! Andy and I both have good jobs, but when you have so many things to pay for, it just disappears :(

I guess to top it all off, me and Sawyer were both sick today :(  I had to miss a day of work which I guess was not a way to help all of the above!

I feel like everything has been super stressful these past few weeks, and I'm hoping things start to look up soon!  I am glad Andy has been able to hold down the fort lately and still handle school :)  Love him!

6 comments:

  1. Have you asked the doctors/dental if you qualify for financial assistance for the rest of the bill insurance doesn't cover? i don't know what Jon and I would do without the assistance after insurance, maybe something you could look into :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly! I'm so sorry, that sounds crazy! I will definitely be sending prayers your way. Luckily you still get to play rugby and you have a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! It really does happen that way though, doesn't it? One minute you think things are getting under control, and the next, bills start showing up from who knows where! Good luck with it all, and I hope at least you and your little guy get feeling better soon :) Being sick doesn't help anything!

    BTW- Thanks SO much for your comment about our baby name :) It made me smile. Its nice to hear positive things from other people about what you like :) I fall more in love with that name every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya.

    I hope March is a little better for you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I need braces too but I decided to say no.
    Maybe we should go in together and see if we can get a two for one deal LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh I HATE medical bills. Sorry Amy. It. Just. Plain. Sucks. Hang in there and can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks. Yay!

    ReplyDelete