Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Brace Face!

I got my new grill. I would bite one of the brackets off one of my teeth so the worst part of the whole deal is that they had to put 2 bumps on my teeth (made out of that fake tooth stuff they use for fillings and chipped teeth. And they put them on each side so I can only bite down on those 2 tiny bumps.  I cannot close my mouth and I sound like I am wearing 80's style headgear!  I cannot chew anything that I can't squish with my tongue because there are no teeth to chew with.  I also can't say "s" or "sh" or "ch" normal.  Oh and the inside of my mouth is getting torn up from all the pokey things.  As you can see, it has not been a pleasant experience so far.  It thought the worst would be figuring out how to eat bread and other things that would get stuck inside, but I can see it is going to be a lot worst than that for awhile until these stupid bumps get to be grinded down again.  My next appt is in 6 weeks so hopefully they will have moved enough by then to get the bumps off...but I am not holding my breath.  The plus side is maybe I will get super skinny on this liquid diet lol today I had orange-ade for breakfast, a coconut mocha for lunch, and a packet of mashed potatoes for dinner!  I also won't be able to bite my nails which is going to drive me crazy since my front teeth can't come together.  I just dont like using nail clippers on my fingers for some reason.  I guess we will see how it continues to go- hopefully it is all "up" from here!
Don't mind my hair- i was just out in the rain for 2 hours.

5 comments:

  1. Your not making me looking forward to when Jon and I can afford to get me braces Amy!!! Maybe wax will help the inside of your mouth not get torn up? Hope it gets better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i do have wax on the worst parts but it only helps so much, and they said to try and not use wax because it prevents the callouses from building that make it stop hurting in the long run :-/ I'm sure you wont have to get those weird bumps so hopefully yours wont be as bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! they look good!!!
    i seriously need braces!
    when we get home... you, me, andy, nadar, soybean (BMCFFL) need to hang out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be so glad you did it though, it'll be worth it! You look really cute with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know about the wax! Like ur choice in braces to until I zoomed in I couldn't even tell u were wearing them :) I don't know what they are going to do to my teeth, I don't have enough room so I know they will have to pull a tooth to make them fit and I have a serious underbite :(

    ReplyDelete