Friday, March 11, 2011

Lately

I feel like I haven't really updated on the goings-on lately via blog so here is my attempt, picture free since I am at work.

-Andy's mom has been in town the past few days, which has been a big help!  She just loves spending time with Sawyer, it seems like he never gets put down lol. 

-We got to eat at my favorite restaurant, Black Angus, baby free.  It was awesome.  I think I could eat like 20 oz. of the filet mignon there but I hold myself back to 6 oz.  We also got a free dessert from joining the prime club, and the chocolate cake there is my favorite!

-Everyone in the house has been sick.  Andy has had to miss a couple days of school and work.  He has needed the rest because he will be driving all night.  Sawyer's nose is all drippy and he seems a bit more whiney than normal.  Again, just in time for our trip!

-Sawyer is getting more skilled, he finally pulled himself up on his crib this morning (not sure if it was the shape of it or what but he has had some issues).  It was cute going in to get him and he was just standing there smiling at me.  He is also trying to talk, going bababababa in different tones like he was talking in sentences.  It is so cute :)  We also can get him to "wave" aka bounce his arms up and down, if you wave to him in the same way and say bye bye.  His top teeth are about to burst, you can see white lumps there about to break skin.  I am hoping that is where his runny nose is from, because Andy's cold has been a major issue, like sneezing blood....dont want to deal with that on a baby.

-Tonight we will drive all night to Sacramento.  We picked the night because Sawyer sleeps in cars and he sleeps all night so it would be the best way to not have to make him bottles all the way, not have him trying to get out of his straps, and to have him on his normal schedule.  I am hoping Andy makes it with his cold.  He is planning to come home today early and take a long nap so he can last all night.  And lots of caffeine.  He has been so sleepy with his cold I am worried.  I dont want to have to drive because i have a fear of driving where I dont know, and I cannot see well in the dark, or stay awake well. 

-I haven't packed for all of us yet, but I think it will be funny packing everything Sawyer owns.  He has the tendency to make messes and we will need back-ups.  I hope our suitcases fit in the trunk.

-We will be taking the car down which means less space.  BUT gas milage will be WAY better.  Gas prices conveniently sky rocketed right before our trip :(

Ok I cannot think of anything else but hopefully I will have access to internet next week. This should be interesting!

1 comment: