Friday, March 6, 2015

Week in review: beginning of March

Once a week is respectable, right?  Right.

Ok.

So last Friday was the start of the Crossfit open.  Everyone all over the country does the same workout that they announce once a week.  If you paid to sign up, you get on a leaderboard.  I didn't want to waste my money because I can't even do the scaled versions half the time so I would never have a chance of progressing (you start by entering your score and move up until the winners are in the crossfit games you see on ESPN).  It was pretty exciting cheering the people that signed up though.  Kellan was cheering for me when I did my first one.  It was a 15 minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible) of 15 toes to bar, 10 deadlifts, and 5 snatches.  It was really fun but killed your hands.


The next day we went to Bellevue for a laser appointment and we went to the Lunchbox Laboratory for lunch which has like the best burgers ever.



apples in ketchup

We got home and my friend TJ took me to go shooting at a shooting range for my first time.  It was terrifying (I am so scared of guns) but I loved it!!!  I got to shoot a rifle, a pistol 9mm, and a 44 mag revolver.  I didn't even aim the revolver it was so hard to shoot- I just pointed out and held on as hard as I could.  I hit the gong a few times 200 yards out with the rifle and I did OK with the pistol (see targets).  I was pleased to see one of my targets was in a happy face :)  It wasn't very far out though.








I bought some pink ear protection for the next time I go.  I'm pretty excited to use it. We are also going to try throwing knives I think which should be interesting.

Sunday Andy took a day to himself and I just played with the boys.  It has been LOVELY weather all week!

Wednesday I realized I fit in my old Buckle jeans that I consider my "skinny" pants. SUCCESS! I haven't been able to comfortably sit in them until now since I got pregs with Kellan.

Thursday night I went out with some friends from CrossFit to the new Big Whisky saloon downtown.  It was SO much fun.  They teach a new line dance at 7:30 then you get to do it a few times that night.  There are some girls that knew ALL the dances!  I hope I can because it was so fun.  The only downside was it was all country music so you couldn't really dance unless you knew the line dance or you wanted to 2-step around the outside.  It was still really fun and hope to go back a lot.  I even was in bed by 11 which surprised me.


Me Jenna and Bev (she owns the crossfit gym) and Dereck photo bombing
Today Sawyer threw up all day.  I'm hoping it was a food thing more than an illness so we don't all get that.  He didn't seem to have a fever or loss of energy though.  Hopefully it was a one-day thing.  Andy stayed home with them all day catching various puke buckets while organizing the house.  He earned his night out with my brother tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment