Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Festive weekend

We did more than just the Sweater Dash this weekend, but I felt like it deserved its own post.

On Friday after work I headed to Bellevue Square (I work about 15 minutes north of Bellevue and drive through it every day).  We had to do packet pickup for the Dash or else you have to pay $5, and Andy's cousin Megan was up visiting Andrew's (her husband) family that lives in Everett.  We usually meet them in Bellevue, and I was particularly excited this time because they had a baby a month after Kellan that we were so excited to meet.

I was off work about 4-ish, and unfortunately Andy was in Monroe with his work truck about that time, so he had to drive all the way home, get the kids, then come right back up...which takes FOREVER in rush hour traffic.

I walked around the mall wasting time.  I found a camera store so I bought myself a lens cap for my nifty fifty (both my lenses have been missing caps forever) and then just got a Tully's and went on Reddit from my phone for an hour or so.  I had heard that they had "Snowflake Lane" at 7:00 so I headed outside to a huge crowd at that time. Luckily it was just me so I weaved through to a front row position.  They closed down that main road that the Cheesecake Factory is on, and had drummers, people in costumes, dancers, and fake snow (suds).  It was pretty cute, I was sad Sawyer missed it.



It was about a half hour after the show that Andy and the kids pulled in (luckily finding a parking spot because people left after the show) and we met up with Megan and Andrew and finally got to meet baby Elsie.  She is SOOOOOO cute!  She is only a month younger than Kellan, but she is literally half his size!  It was nice to hold her and not have a sore arm!

We ate at Paddy Coyne's, which was fun, then we dashed over to the place we had to do packet pick-up seconds before the time deadline.  They were nice and gave Sawyer a hat for free, even though we got there as they were packing up.

On Sunday night I got to attend my old store's Christmas party which was SO fun.  I loved getting to see everyone again.  We also played a couple rounds of LCR which I lost :(



It was a lot of fun though!  It was a good weekend to get in the Christmas spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment