Thursday, December 12, 2013

ade

I am so behind on blogs :(  It has just been so hectic with both of us gone from 5:45am until 7ish  at night and trying to get SOME things done (things aren't really getting done).

Here's a quick one though.

We had that bag o' citrus from Sac'to and even though we have some orange fiends around here, and everything calls for lemons, I just knew we weren't going to use all of that so I told Andy I wanted to make orange-lemonade out of it.  It was quite fun, but a bit of work.  Andy found the perfect recipe, and it turned out amazing, in our (and my parents) opinion.  I even made a side of delicious orange shortbread I had heard about on NPR (yeah, I'm pretty much an old lady now- the accountant that listens to NPR and makes shortbread).


Its hard to zest the tiny soft oranges.  I preferred the lemons

My first shortbread



Kellan's first lemon. He kept making this face, but then would open his mouth for more 


The final result was a kind of syrup that you mix half and half with water.

1 comment: