Thursday, June 2, 2011

Attached

I was hoping that having a lot of different babysitters would help Sawyer pass the stage, but he is becoming attached.

Every morning we get to the babysitter and he gets pulled out.  His hands grip super hard and his legs squeeze  enough that I could completely let go and he would probably stay on my hip!  As soon as he gets set down, he cries.  It is seriously the saddest thing I have ever seen.  He just stares at me with his little eyes and it is so hard to leave :(  Luckily, they say he doesn't last long and behaves the rest of the day.

The funniest thing happened yesterday at one of my co-worker's house.  She was helping me with a decoration for Sawyer's birthday and her girls were supposed to watch and play with Sawyer (age 5 and 7). We pulled him out and he did "the grip."  I put him on his walker to have him show off how well he can go now, and he takes 3 steps and just bursts into tears!  I pull him off and hug him.  He would NOT let go of me no matter how much I tried to sit him down. I think he thought I was leaving. Luckily he warmed up, and by the end, he was crawling around the house like it was his own.  He was even sticking his arm in Farley the dog's cage to get licks.

It is so sad to see him upset, but it kind of makes me feel good.  He knows I'm his "mama" and when he cries when I leave it is like he is saying he loves me........but I hope he gets over it quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment