Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hair experiment

I recently was on stumbleupon.com and found a youtube video of a girl that curled her hair with her headband.  My hair will NOT hold a curl from heat longer than an hour so I thought I'd try it out. The girl in the video had thick hair, but mine is thinner so I thought it might turn out better since hers was a bit too frizzy for me.

First, I took a shower the night before and dried my hair with the blow dryer.  It might have been a little damp still underneath, but not much. I found one of my many athletic style headbands laying around that doesn't have super grippy rubber on one side.

The first step is to wrap the headband around your head sweatband style.  You take one piece of hair from the front and loop it in front of the band, then back behind it by your head.  You continue to do it from both sides until your entire head is wrapped around it.  You kind of have to wing it in the back. I left my bangs out since they were short and would look weird curled. If you had a cute headband and thicker hair, this actually is a really cute vintage style to wear it for a day. Mine is sloppy because I was going to sleep.

Then, I put a handkerchief on upside down so it didn't fall out and frizz while I slept.

I went to bed and when I woke up, I pulled it out.  I had only given myself like 20 minutes to get ready and it was super curly! (excuse the silly face)

I decided to just brush it out really quick and ponytail it up so I could go to work. I liked the spirally side and curly bottom.

When I got home, I took out my ponytail and the curls had loosened up enough to wear it down.  The back was a little iffy, but overall I was pleased with my hair experiment.



I now had spirally curls that lasted all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment