Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Twenty-eight

Soooo, I'm 28 now.

I didn't think much of it until my guitar teacher (who has been 28 all of 3 weeks now) reminded me that the number is closer to 30 than 25 and I remembered how old I feel.  Seriously though, I have the joints of a 90 year old (knees, elbows, wrists) and I go to bed at like 8:30 now which is before my children even.

Anyway, Jenna took me out to celebrate the day before.  My birthday was Monday (President's Day just like when I was actually born) so I took it off.

First we drove up to Seattle and went to Fremont.  We ate delicious gyros.

We decided to walk around next and found a sweet alley I couldn't help but want to take pictures in.




We found a cute guitar shop with all sorts of variations I don't even know what they were.  We then went over to the Fremont bridge that happened to need to open for a sailboat right as we got there (always exciting as long as you're not in a rush in traffic)

We decided to walk down to Gasworks Park




And took jumping pictures

And bad windy-hair pictures


The sun was setting and it was starting to get chilly so we headed down the street to Ballard for Hot Cakes.  The most delicious molten lava cakes (I got peanut butter chocolate) and some sort of raspberry/spice/champange punch that was delicious.

We headed back to P-town after that and after a quick stop at her house to arrange our hair, we headed to Tacoma.

We started at the Matador (which is awesome but you have to be 21 even to get in the restaurant so probably won't be frequent visitors)

Then popped over to the Stone (the gay bar) in attempts to not get hit on (it didn't work, who assumes you are straight at the gay bar?) But they had Karaoke going on and Jenna is an awesome singer so we danced and had a ton of fun.  It wasn't crowded at all since it was a Sunday too, despite being a holiday for some people.

Jenna signing Carrie Underwood's "last name"
I got back around 2 but still woke up at 7:30 even before the kids.  Darn internal clock.  I wasn't really tired though, and despite being old and having way more drinks than accustomed to, I just felt a little bit uneasy in my stomach.  Success!

We didn't do much on my actual birthday but my parents took the kids while we went to the Ram which was SOOOO GOOD.


I don't really eat sweets so this weekend was a bit of an overdose!

I got to work on Tuesday and thought taking the day off would have avoided any shenanigans, but they got my cubicle while I was out, which was funny.  They all signed a card too :)

I guess 28 isn't TOO bad, if only my knees would stop aching!

No comments:

Post a Comment